Sunday, May 4, 2014

Misunderstandings... Give that guy/girl a chance!

Okay, so I haven't posted in freaking forever because I literally have NO TIME AT AAAALLLLL!!
Seriously. I sleep like 2-6 (6 on a really, really good day) hours a day on weekdays and even on weekends, I can only sleep like 7 hours because I can't fall asleep fast enough and wake up too early. It freaking sucks. Why does this happen? School. Freaking school. I HATE YOU! But I like parts of you too... Anyway, this is something I just want to post for all those people who are having a misunderstanding between them (as in... *cough* boyfriends and girlfriends *cough*). I just want to say this to you right now. Let's go!

Why are people more likely to trust what they have seen rather than a person explaining what had really happened?
True, people do lie, they can perceive it differently than you, and/or other things, but you may have interpreted it in the wrong way as well. That’s why if something ever happens that causes a misunderstanding between two people that are obviously in love, they should just talk. I don’t really understand why they won’t. You have to trust for a second that the other person will tell the truth. You can put your guard up a little bit just in case they lie, but don’t just take what you saw as the only possible explanation. Hold on, it isn’t even “what you saw”, it’s “what you think you saw.” Why? Simply because it’s really just your interpretation of what happened, not the exact actions that occurred. Okay, so your girlfriend hugs someone else, so that automatically means that she’s cheating on you? NO!
Yes, it’s a possibility, but have you thought of the other possibilities? It could’ve been a brother or a cousin, it could’ve been a goodbye hug, it could have been just a friendly hug, it could have been so many different things. You have to remember those too and not just say that your very first impression/thought is true. It may not be.
So, you have to talk to them and truly figure out what’s going on. You have to take a step back from your “lover boy” perspective and take a look at her from an outsider’s perspective. You need to properly gauge her personality and choose to trust what she says or don’t trust what she says. It’s what you must do!
Please, please, please don’t just end it just because of that one thing. I will say this over and over again. YOU MAY BE WRONG! Yes, I know, it’s a big thing for you to understand. You may be thinking that “Oh, I could never be wrong. I’m me,” or some shit like that, but let me tell you something right now. You are human. Just like the rest of us. You can make mistakes. It’s natural. You can be wrong. And you better believe it. Don’t waste your breath and say that you will never and have never made a mistake because trust me, you have.
So before you start making rash decisions like breaking up with your girlfriend over something like this, please talk to her first. If you still feel that after your talk, it’s suspicious, then by all means, break up. If not, then think it over carefully before deciding whether or not you want to break up or not.
Also, give yourself breathing room from her to clear your thoughts and also release all the rage you may feel.
I’m just asking you to give your girlfriend (or boyfriend) a chance to explain things before anything huge like this happens, okay? That’s all I’m saying.

There's actually more I'd like to say, but I'll leave it at this for now because I can't remember. Anyway, until next time! Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment